The Bible confirms that we can prophetically declare the truth of what God says about us. Proverbs 18:21 reveals that “death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” Job 22:28 says we can “decree a thing and it will be established unto us and the light shall shine upon our way.”
Here are promises and declarations taken from various translations of the Bible. We don’t rehearse these “confessions” as a matter of religious exercise, but rather declare them from a place of relationship with the One who first spoke truth over us. This is where we step into a place of believing the reality of God’s truth for our lives, even despite what the facts might be saying.
We encourage you to create your own declarations based on the Word of God and share them with us, as we would love to include them on this page.
• Before the fall occurred and sin entered into the picture… Before I was was in existence, or was even a thought in someone’s mind… Before I had a chance to earn God’s approval or completely disqualify myself from His love… God had me on His mind.
The Father selected me to be the center of His gaze. He placed a target on my chest that would be the forever attraction of the heat-seeking missile of His affection, His pleasure, and His perfect love. In that eternal moment, I became His undistracted focus.
Then, from a position of intimacy and union, He took it further. He made me whole, sacred, holy, in the same “likeness of nature with Jesus,” completely “different from the world,” blameless, without blemish, and innocent…BY HIS LOVE. That love sets me up for success and a life without fear.
• My old life was crucified with Christ and no longer lives; for I was fully united with Him in His death. And now the essence of this new life is no longer mine, for Christ lives His life through me! My real life is Christ – we live as one! My new life is empowered by the faith of the Son of God who loves me so much that He gave Himself for me, and dispenses His life into mine. (Gal 2:20 – Passion Translation)
• So now the case is closed. There remains no accusing voice of condemnation against those who are joined in life-union with Jesus, the Anointed One. For the “law” of the life-giving Spirit flowing through the anointing of Jesus has liberated us from the “law” of sin and death. (Rom 8:1-2 Passion Translation)
WHO I AM
• I am redeemed from the curse of the law. (Duet 28, Gal 3:13)
• I am delivered from the Kingdom of darkness and transformed into the Kingdom of God’s beloved Son, in whom I have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sin. (Col 1:13-14)
• I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. (Eph 6:10)
• I am more than a conqueror. (Rom 8:37)
• I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of my testimony, and loving not my life unto death. (Rev 12:11)
• I am the righteousness of God in Christ. (II Cor 5:21)
• I live confidently because I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (Phil 4:13)
• I am successful because God always leads me to triumph in Christ. (Phil 4:13)
• I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in Heavenly places in Christ. (Eph 1:3)
• I am being transformed into the God’s image from glory to glory, because I, with unveiled face, am beholding as in a mirror, the glory of the Lord. (II Cor 3:18)
• I am made alive in Christ and seated in Heavenly places because I was crucified and raised up with Christ. (Gal 2:20)
MY IDENTITY REALITY
This is the reality of who I am despite what I may see or feel. I choose to live today by faith in the Gospel, by the Name of Jesus, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the corporate body of Heaven backing the Word, instead of faith in my own ability to fail. I choose this day in the Name of Jesus, upon the authority of God’s Word, to walk free from sickness, fear, pain, and bondage of every kind. By Jesus’ stripes I am healed. I have been delivered from the kingdom of darkness and transferred into the Kingdom of God’s own Son. I declare my mind to be free from every influence of satan because I have the mind of Christ and am made to triumph at all times in all things in Jesus. This is who I am.
• You forgive my sins—every one.
You heal my diseases—every one.
You redeem me from hell—You save my life!
You crown me with love and mercy—a paradise crown.
You wrap me in goodness—beauty eternal.
You renew my youth—I’m always young in Your presence. (Ps 103:3-5)
• I shall not die, but live and tell of the works of the Lord. (Ps 118:17)
• No evil will befall me, nor any plague come near my dwelling. (Ps. 91:10-12)
• You were wounded for my transgressions, and wrongdoing.
The punishment required for my well-being fell on You.
And by His stripes (wounds) I am healed. (Is 53:5)
• You personally carried my sins in Your body on the cross. You willingly offered Yourself on it, as on an altar of sacrifice. You did this so that I might die to sin and become immune from the penalty and power of sin. You did this so that I might live for righteousness. For by Your wounds, I who am a believer, have been healed. (I Peter 2:24)
• And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in me, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to my mortal body through His Spirit, who lives in me. (Rom 8:11)
• You give strength to the weary, and to him who has no might You increase power. Even the youth grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, but I who wait for the Lord will gain new strength and renew my power. I will lift up my wings like eagles. I will run and not become weary. I will walk and not grow tired. (Is 40:29-31)
MY HEALING REALITY
Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the law. So, I forbid any sickness or disease to come up this body. Every disease, germ, and virus shall die instantly that touches this body in Jesus Name. Every organ and tissue of this body shall function in the perfection to which God created it to function. I forbid every malfunction in this body in the Name of Jesus. Healing belongs to me. God has already done something about my healing. He laid my sickness and disease upon Jesus, and in His Name, I receive my healing.
• Jesus, You will never leave me or forsake me. (Matt 28:20)
• The Lord is my light and my salvation, who shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
• Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
• God is my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. I will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. (Psalm 46:1-3)
• I am strong and courageous. I do not have to live in fear or be in dread of them, for the Lord my God goes with me. He will not leave me or forsake me.” (Deut 31:6)
• I will be established in righteousness; I will be far from oppression, and I will not fear; and from terror, it will not come near me. (Isaiah 54:14)
• I did not receive the “spirit of religious duty, leading me back into the fear of never being good enough. But I have received the “Spirit of Full Acceptance, enfolding me into the family. I will never feel orphaned—For the Holy Spirit makes God’s fatherhood real to me as He speaks, “You are my Beloved Child.” (Rom 8:15-16 Passion Translation)
MY REALITY OF A LIFE WITHOUT FEAR
Fear does not define me, for love already has. I will not be led by fear, motivated by fear, or a prisoner to fear one more day of my life, because perfect love casts out all fear. I was created in the image of Love Himself. He is my eternal definition, motivation, and the One who has won me over. The Father has prepared a table for me to sit and feast in the presence of my enemies. I will live captivated by Him, overwhelmed by His love, content in His goodness, and stay hungry for more of Him. Fear has no room in my life anymore, because I have been conquered by love!
• Great is my confidence in You. Great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort even in the midst of trials. (II Cor 7:4)
• You are the God who comforts the depressed and cast down, making it impossible for me to stay that way. (II Cor 7:6)
• You satisfy my longing soul and You fill my hungry soul with goodness. (Ps. 107:9)
• God, You authorized and commanded Jesus to commission me. He said to go out and train everyone I meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then, He said to instruct them in the practice of all He has commanded us. And lastly, He assured that He would be with me as I do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age. (Matt 28:20)
• I will continue to seek first the Kingdom of God, knowing that all of these things will be added unto me. (Luke 12:31)
• You no longer call me a servant, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, You call me Your friend. Jesus, You made everything You learned from the Father available to me. (John 15:15)
• I will not fret or worry. Instead of worrying, I will pray. I will let my petitions and praises shape my worries into prayers, letting God know my concerns. In that place, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle me down. Right now I live in the wonder of Christ who displaces worry at the center of my life. (Phil 4:6-7)
• I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live. (Psalm 116:1 NKJV)
• I don’t worry about anything; instead, I pray about everything; telling God my needs, and His peace keeps my thoughts and my hearts quiet and at rest. I fix my thoughts on what is true, good, pure and lovely, and I dwell on the fine, good things in others. (Philippians 4:6-8 New Living Translation)
• I delight myself in the Lord, and He shall give me the desires of my heart. I commit my way to the Lord, trusting in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. (Psalm 37:4-5 NKJV)
• As Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness”—and he was called God’s friend. I also believe that I am God’s friend and His beloved one. (James 2:24 NLV)
MY REALITY OF A LIFE WITHOUT LONELINESS
Here is the truth. I simply do not have time to be bothered by loneliness anymore, because I am way too busy living in relationship and union with the Creator of the Universe. I know beyond a shadow of doubt that God is for me and is even now setting up my friendships, relationships, and family. He is working in my behalf to connect me with the men and women who have been praying to be connected to someone like me. I am officially done letting any voice of loneliness rent space in my thoughts or heart. Loneliness, you have NOTHING to do with me anymore! You don’t get a say in my emotions anymore! I have nothing to do with loneliness because God, who calls me friend, will never leave me for one second, and my relationship with Him is tangible right here one earth.
• The Lord loves me with an everlasting love and has promised to give me a future and a hope. With loving kindness He has drawn me unto Himself. (Jeremiah 29:11 & 31:3 NIV)
• I live with confidence that there is nothing in the universe with the power to separate me from the love of God. (Romans 8:38 Passion Translation)
• God’s love towards me is patient and kind. His love for me bears all things, believes all things, hopes all thing and endures all things. His love will never fail. (1 Corinthians 13:4, 7- 8 New King James)
• I have been invited to the Lord’s banqueting table and His banner over me is love! His love is better than the choicest of wine. Through His intimate love, He draws and invites me to follow after Him. I am beauty and pleasant to Him. I am the object of His affection and approval. (Song of Solomon 1&2 NKJV)
MY REALITY OF A LIFE OF LOVE
To encounter the LOVE of God is to be reminded of who I truly am. I was created in the image of LOVE Himself. God doesn’t just speak love or “do” love. God IS love. That love is more than an emotion or a feeling. LOVE is who I am because of the One in whose image I was created. My life is destined for success because love simply cannot fail!!! Before the foundation of the world, I was chosen to be loved by God. The reason I can love the people in my world is because I am loved by the Creator of the Universe. Love is who I am.
• God’s blessing makes life rich and nothing we do can improve on God. (Prov 10:22 MSG)
• I will eat in plenty and be satisfied. I will praise the Name of the Lord my God, who has dealt wondrously with me, and I will never be ashamed. (Joel 2:26)
• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. (Psalm 23:1)
• I will prosper and succeed, and be in health, even as my soul prospers. (3 John 2)
• I acknowledge that all my needs are met according to God’s riches in glory by Christ Jesus. The Lord God is a sun and shield to me and will give me grace and glory. No good thing will He withhold from me as I walk uprightly. (Philippians 4:19 & Psalm 84:11 NKJV)
• I choose to sow bountifully, therefore I will reap bountifully. I give to the Lord, to His people, and to the needs as I purpose in my heart to give. I do not give grudgingly or out of compulsion, for my God loves a cheerful giver. God makes all grace abound towards me, that I always have enough for all things so that I may abound unto every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:7-8 NKJV)
• As I give, it will be given back to me; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over they will pour into my lap. For whatever measure I sow into the lives of others, it will be measured to me in return. (Luke 6:38)
• I will owe nothing to anyone except to love and seek the best for them. (Rom 13:8)
MY REALITY OF A LIFE WITHOUT POVERTY
God is able to cause all grace, favor, and earthly blessing to come to me in abundance, so that I am always self-sufficient, possessing enough to require no aid or support. I thank God that I am furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation. God, who provides my seed for sowing and bread for eating, also provides and multiplies my resources for sowing. He increases the fruits of my righteousness in Jesus’ Name. I am able to sow financial seeds cheerfully and not grudgingly, nor out of necessity.
NEW YORK CITY
“Afflicted city, storm-battered, unpitied:
I’m about to rebuild you with stones of turquoise,
Lay your foundations with sapphires,
Construct your towers with rubies,
Your gates with jewels, and all your walls with precious stones.
All your children will have God for their teacher-
What a mentor for your children!
You’ll be built solid, grounded in righteousness,
Far from any trouble — Nothing to fear!
Far from terror — it won’t even come close!” (Isaiah 54:11-13 Message)
• NYC… Even when you have been faithless, God remains faithful to you, for God cannot deny Himself. (II Tim 2:13)
• For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who His children really are. I see a city of men and women whose identities are locked into what they were created for….sons and daughters of God. (Rom 8:19)
• I declare Psalms 91 (Message) over New York City
You who sit down in the High God’s presence,
spend the night in Shaddai’s shadow,
Say this: “God, you’re my refuge.
I trust in you and I’m safe!”
That’s right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
shields you from deadly hazards.
His huge outstretched arms protect you—
under them you’re perfectly safe;
his arms fend off all harm.
Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
not flying arrows in the day,
Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
not disaster that erupts at high noon.
Even though others succumb all around,
drop like flies right and left,
no harm will even graze you.
You’ll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
watch the wicked turn into corpses.
Yes, because God’s your refuge,
the High God your very own home,
Evil can’t get close to you,
harm can’t get through the door.
He ordered his angels
to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they’ll catch you;
their job is to keep you from falling.
You’ll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
and kick young lions and serpents from the path.
“If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God,
“I’ll get you out of any trouble.
I’ll give you the best of care
if you’ll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I’ll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation!”
MY REALITY OF LIFE IN NYC
Whether I am here in NYC temporarily or permanently, I know there is a Heavenly strategy setting me up for such a time as this. I am not here for a job, but I am here for a Kingdom assignment. Though this city has been judged as dark, sinful, and a lost cause, I declare that New York is loved by God. This city is filled with the glory of God, and even the earth is groaning for the sons and daughters of God to be revealed in this place.