THE WORD OF GOD
• We believe the Bible is God’s Word.
• It is inspired by God, authoritative, and accurate, and is a perfect guide in all matters of life. (2 Timothy 3:16)
• We believe in one God, who exists in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
• We believe that God is good, loving, holy, and just.
• Jesus “is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word” (Hebrews 1:3 NIV) Jesus is perfect theology.
• Christ’s finished work—death, burial, resurrection, ascension, and exaltation—provided complete forgiveness for sin and freedom to live as sons and daughters seated in heavenly places with Him.
NOT BOUND TO SIN
• The wages of sin is death—spiritual separation from God (Romans 6:23). We have all sinned and fall short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23). On the cross, Jesus conquered sin and death and reconciled us to God (2 Corinthians 5:18). Through faith, we enter by grace into this restored relationship and receive Christ’s own power to live sin-free lives.
• We are no longer slaves to sin, because we were crucified with Christ. (Romans 6:6-7: “We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.”)
• Holy Communion is a celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus for all believers. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
• As we remember His broken body and the New Covenant He established with us through His blood, He is “re-membering” and redeeming us back to our original design of son-ship with the Father.
• Water baptism by immersion is an act of faith and obedience demonstrating a believer’s identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:16, Romans 6:3-4)
BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
• We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit for all believers. This baptism empowers us for ministry in the manifold gifts of the Spirit, including tongues, prophecy, and healing. (Acts 1:4-8, 2:4, 1 Corinthians 12:7-10)
UNION WITH GOD
• We believe that we are fully one with God in Christ, in fulfillment of Jesus’ prayer (John 17:20-23). Nothing can separate us from the Father’s love (Romans 8:38-39). As Christ is, so are we in the world (1 John 4:17).
• We seek to walk in ever-deepening intimacy with God and imitate Christ’s example of saying and doing only what the Father is saying and doing (John 5:19, 5:30).
IDENTITY IN CHRIST
• Our identity in Christ comes from Galatians 2:20: “I have been crucified with Christ [that is, in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body I live by faith [by adhering to, relying on, and completely trusting] in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.”
• We live in the knowledge that we are righteous, accepted, holy, and complete in Christ.
• We believe “the church is Christ’s body, in which he speaks and acts, by which he fills everything with his presence.” (Ephesians 1:22-23 MSG)
• Every believer is called to be joined together with other believers in life-giving, edifying relationships and share in the work of the Gospel (Hebrews 10:24-25).
• Honor: We esteem one another as more important than ourselves (Philippians 2:3) and demonstrate Christ’s value for every person.
• Purity: As sons and daughters who host the presence of God, we strive to live authentically and consistently in holiness, both in private and in public, with no mixture or compromise. We consider it a great privilege to protect the anointing and call of God on our lives by walking in moral purity.
• Humility: In imitation of Christ, we choose the posture of serving, knowing that God is our source of greatness, grace, and exaltation. (Matthew 20:26, James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:6). We remain teachable and open for godly correction.
• Compassion: As we are overwhelmed with Jesus’ love for us, we will be moved with compassion for all people, expecting that signs and wonders will follow, leading others to His love.
• As sons and daughters of the King, we are commissioned as representatives of the kingdom of God. We are authorized to bring everything in our lives under the influence and dominion of the Kingdom, until God’s will is done “on earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10).
• Our job description is to believe Jesus and do His “works.” (John 14:12: “He who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also, and greater works than these, he will do.”)
• We believe that just as the cross made a way for the redemption of the soul, it also purchased redemption of the flesh, which includes healing.
• We believe that Jesus is our Healer, and that “by His stripes we are already healed” (Isaiah 53:5-6).